Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 21: January 21, 2016



You get some interesting people at my work coming in to talk to us. The gentleman in the picture above chatted in and asked me what a plug was behind his dashboard in his 2000 vehicle, which we don't even keep information for because of the year. 

After I talked with him for about 20 minutes, I got his email address and told him a member of the service department would contact him and would be able to tell him what the part was. 

Not even 5 minutes after he disconnected from the chat with me, he chatted in again and one of my co-workers answered him. He had the exact same question. The picture above is a snapshot of his conversation with my co-worker. They had the exact same conversation. He must have been satisfied after the second chat because he didn't contact us again. 

We also get people that don't speak English. It's very interesting because our chat tool will translate for us, but it doesn't always do it fully or even make sense.  We often have to interpret what the translation tool is trying to tell us. Just last night I chatted with a man who spoke Koren and the only things that translated were the model of the vehicle he wanted, the price, and his email address. At least it got me what I needed to do my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment