Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 12: January 12, 2016

This is a selfie I took of myself at work today with my afternoon coffee. 

I used to be completely against selfies and they drove me insane. But I've turned a new leaf and now have a new appreciation for them. 

I think selfies are a good way of boosting your self-esteem. It's a modern way of looking at yourself in the mirror and giving yourself a pep talk, only multiplied in some instances, like when you post them on social media. What better way to give yourself a confidence booster than to post a picture of yourself for all the world to see, and to receive positive feedback for it? Of course it's always possible to receive negative feedback, or no feedback, but I rarely see that happen. 

I'm in the process of boosting my opinion of myself. It's a slow process, but it's worth it. Being with my boyfriend has done WONDERS for my self-esteem: I feel better about my personality, my hopes and dreams, my life, my body. 

I'm also trying to take more selfies, with hopes that it will improve my self-esteem. They're usually silly and goofy ones, but every little bit helps. I even take them with bae when he's not looking, which he hates, but I end up with some really cute pictures. Taking more selfies has also made me less judgemental about pictures that I'm in. I spend less time nitpicking small things about the pictures and more time cherishing the moments that were captured by the pictures. I'm learning it's a good lesson.  

No comments:

Post a Comment