Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 74: March 14, 2016

You never realize how much stuff you use on a daily basis until it's no longer accessible to you. I have learned this through having 80% of my possessions kept in a storage unit.

Because of my family's current housing issues, we've had our stuff in storage for months now, and it's becoming increasingly difficult with each passing day.

I don't mean to sound like a spoiled, materialistic drama queen, but after a while, you just want your stuff. I want all of my pictures frames displayed, all of my clothes for me to pick through every day, and my movies to watch when Netflix is boring.

Every so often, I'll go to our storage unit and find something that I've been wanting or needing, and it makes me feel a little less stressed. Today, I went and finally got something that I've been wanting for months - my scarves.

I'm a huge believer in scarves; they can add a little something to a simple outfit without going over the top. I've never been a fan of jewelry, so scarves just work for me. I just haven't been able to find them in storage, and I haven't been ambitious or patience enough to look through 25 boxes to find them. But I finally did and I'm so very happy about it.

I also stole a tie hanger from bae to hang them on, since he doesn't have any ties. Works perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment